Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

It has been a busy time here these past couple of weeks. I did do a blog last week but it got eaten up by the gods of blogsville. Never mind, here I am again!

My darling grandson Beau turned 13 on March 11. He had a party at Coolum on the beach. Just boys, no time for girls he reckons. I felt so sad to have missed this special day. My daughter posted lots of pics of the happy boy and his merry band of men. Beau is a brilliant soccer play and he actually goes to a school that has a soccer program. 10 boys are chosen to enter this program each year at grade 8 entry level and he was a chosen one this year. The poor kid has to travel quite a ways to get to and from this school and with training and homework etc he has little or no spare time. He is a dedicated boy who has dreams of playing for the Brisbane Roar one day........for a start he says. LOL. You go Beau!
The ocean was quite choppy that day and my sister said it was nerve racking being responsible for 12 boys in the ocean. she said she was a nervous wreck. I would have been too!
~
Last week I took a vacation day when David could not go to his program (they had a power outage). I decided not to waste the day so I organized a guy to come and grade our driveway and put down 30 tons of crusher run gravel. It looks and feels so much better! Because our drive runs down hill, it is hard to keep some of it from washing away in bad storms. we have spent many hours shovelling the driveway off the road and back up the hill. LOL. The soil here is red clay so you can imagine the mess! It is all beautiful again now and hopefully it will last another 2 years. One day we would like to get asphalt ($8,000). Yikes that is 4 trips to Australia for us! LOL. Gravel will do nicely thank you!
~
I have been studying for a licensing exam I am taking for work in May. At the end of April I do a 4 day class so hopefully that will help! I am finding it harder than usual to retain knowledge and that is so frustrating. I jokingly tell John that I have dementia. It sure feels like it some days. After speaking to my doctor about this, she has assured me that it is all part and parcel of what our bodies and brains go through at this time of life. So anyway ,between work, study, the dogs and the boys here, I don't have a lot of time for blogs and my on line friends. Not to mention spring.......gosh there is so much to do in the garden as well! I need a second pair of hands! hehe.
~
Oh yea and the last piece of news is this.......I have joined Curves and have been going religiously and this is week # 3 and already I have so much more energy. I am so proud of myself. I highly recommend it to any ladies out there who want to start an exercise regime. It is perfect for me, I drive right past it on my way home and it only takes around 40 minutes a day. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa baby!

Toodle loo for now, y'all be good and enjoy Easter with your families. xx

No comments: