Wednesday, July 20, 2011

summer is my least favourite season.......officially!

I am not a very good Queenslander am I? I can officially say that I hate summer! Even here on the mountain we get some days of heat and humidity and it's more than I can bear. For several hours this afternoon I lay on the couch in front of the only window a/c unit in the whole house and listened to an audio book. I actually dozed! It was just too hot in any of the other rooms to do anything constructive. It is almost 9 oclock in the evening and we have just eaten a light supper, the air is still thick and still. Back in Queensland the summers are so much hotter and humid, how on earth did I survive? I must be well and truly acclimated now!

We have another horse and he is a 4 yrold gelding who we have named Banjo. He is also a thoroughbred and comes from the same stable as Matilda. We could tell that they remembered each other and are now happy companians. It is hard to say what the pecking order is as it seems to change daily. Maybe they are equals? Can that be? Banjo actually trained to race but broke down with a bowed tendon so now he will live a pampered life in our pasture with Matilda to keep him company. We have almost finished building them a shelter for the winter. This project has been a lot of fun for John and I but our bodies have certainly felt the effects!!






I have almost finished the dino quilt that is going to Romania. If you want to know more about this wonderful cause, check out the Hands2Help link over there >>> on my page. I will post a photo of the quilt at the weekend.

Shower time for me....good night :)

No comments: