Monday, July 9, 2012

Peeking out from under the pile called life

Was my last blog post really in February?  I guess so!  This year has been jam packed and here is a snippet of what has been going on since the end of Frb....

 My big news is that my first granddaughter, Acacia, was born on March 12 and she is absolutely delightful and growing up fast.  I just love her to bits! 

I started working every other Friday at The Quiltbug.  Went to Australia for two weeks to visit family and friends. Started helping my son with his new company in Africa, ordering supplies from here etc.  Completely revamped our veggie garden into raised beds and have got some chicks and built a chicken coop!  I have done all this in between quilting for customers and being the domestic goddess that I am in my own mind.  ha!
Sadly I have had to take a step back from my etsy team as I just have not had the time to be a fair member.  My etsy shop has suffered because of this and I hope to put some effort into this when the cooler weather sets in.  I miss Etsy and my team!

One thing that I did manage to get done in the first part of this year was a red and white challenge quilt for my local guild.  A couple weeks after our challenge deadline, the quilt was sold to a lovely lady who was visiting from New Zealand and the quilt has made its way down under to it's new home..

 
 

 Then I made a whimsical quilt for a paper bag challenge at another quilt shop near by.  I got the idea for this quilt from a pattern in an Australian quilt book that my daughter had sent to me a couple of years ago.  I had fun embellishing this quilt with buttons, lace and yoyo's.


Lastly I made a little Americanna quilt to hang for July 4th.  It was a cute paper pieced pattern that I was lucky to find on line..  I need to get some dowel so that I can hang it nicely without pins!
 

I have a new PC and I am loving it although windows 7 is a little challenging..  How wonderful a big screen is though!
I do hope everyone is having a nice Summer.  I am going to try to visit other blogs this week as time permits.  It's nice to be back...

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I was just thinking of you the other day - thought maybe your 'returned' home for good. Take your time catching up - all things come with time.

Donna said...

Acacia is beautiful!

Glad you are back in blogland.

Sue said...

Welcome back, I missed you. That baby girl is adorable, love the quilts too.

Ruth said...

It's about time you showed up, I thought we lost you in Australia :)
Beautiful little granddaughter !