Sunday, February 10, 2008

September 27 - October 9 2007

39 days to go....la la la la la......


This is Mudjimba Beach. My sister has lived here for about 12 years. It is around 17 miles south of where I lived at Coolum Beach. The island is called Mudjimba Island. When we were kids my Dad called it Old Woman Island but now it is called by its Aboriginal name. Most of the town and places on the Sunshine Coast have Aboriginal names. Coolum, Mooloolaba, Noosa, Maroochydore, Buderim, Marcoola, Caloundra, Kawana, Eumundi, Yandina, Cooroy.

Mudjimba is also called North shore because the Maroochy River spews out into the sea at the south end. The South shore is the beach town of Maroochydore. Where the river meets the ocean there are always shells to be found. Most have been broken by the pounding surf but you can be lucky to find perfect ones too! I love to park the car at the river and walk down the river and follow it around to the ocean side. It is about an hours walk but so envigorating and ever changing. The rock in the foreground of the pic is called Coffee Rock and is very porous. It is exposed when there has been storms or cyclones and the sand has been eroded. When the sand eventually comes back, the rock is again covered. The rock gets its name from the coffee coloured stain that makes the sand brown.

There is great surf on the island and board riders paddle over or get towed by speed boats. Thank god for shark nets!

I had an email from my youngest this morning. Chickens always come home to roost my ma always told me. And this scallywag is no different. I had not heard from him in 5 weeks!! I am smiling big this morning >>>>

Ooroo

Tags: mudjimba, sister, surf, aboriginal, rock, river, | Edit Tags



Tuesday October 9, 2007 - 04:49am (EDT) Edit | Delete | Permanent Link | 2 Comments

Yankee Candles and Rogan Josh!
Saturdays shopping trip to the outlets at Williamsburg went extremely well! I accomplished most of my Aus Christmas shopping to take in November. The highlight of the days trip was the visit to the huge Yankee Candle store! This place is amazing! So many candle fragrances and so little time! It is like 3 adjoining buildings and you could go there every day for a week and still not see it all! They had lots of specials too! I filled up four egg-like cartons that hold 18 votives. I will take two of those back for Louize. Silly me got her stuck on these candles and they are not available in Aus yet. They are so heavy to mail so I take her a bunch home when I go or send them home with someone else.
There are so many new yummy scents for Fall and Christmas. I wanted them all of course. I bought some of the largest jar candles for only 12 bucks. These were scents that were going to be retired or just summer stock making way for next seasons. The one that I loved the most is called Indonesian Ginger. This one has the most exotic fragrance and made me hungry for a nice lamb curry! Soooooooo..........

Out of the freezer came my much coveted boned leg of Aussie Lamb and I set to work yesterday morning, making a wonderful fragrant Rogan Josh. This is my favourite of all the curries. Rogan Josh means Red Meat. The flavours are sensational! Actually this morning the aromas are still floating in the downstairs area. I love it! I will include the recipe in this blog.

Joe and the boys will be here on Friday and we have respite for David on Saturday and Sunday so we may be able to go back to DC with them for a night. That would be fun!

Have a great week bloggers.........Ooroo.



LAMB ROGAN JOSH

Serves 1-2

INGREDIENTS

2″ Fresh root ginger peeled 4 Cloves Garlic 2 pound of trimmed Lamb, cut into bitesize pieces 1/2 Tsp Salt 1/2 Tsp Turmeric 1 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala 1 Tsp Ground Cumin 1 Tsp Ground Coriander 1 cup of Natural Yoghurt 1/2 Tsp Chilli powder 1 large onion, chopped finely 2 cans of plum tomatoes 1 red pepper, chopped 1 Bunch Fresh coriander, chopped roughly 1 Tbsp Oil PREPARATION

Add the ginger and garlic into a small food processor and blend until pureed/finely chopped (sometime the addidition of a splash of water helps).
Heat the oil and soften the onions gently for about 10-15 minutes without colouring too heavily.
Add the garlic, ginger and the spices and continue to cook for a further minute or so until the spices become fragrant.
Add the lamb, tomatoes, pepper and yogurt and stir thoroughly.
Bring to the boil, cover with a lid and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally.
Cook for 1 hour (this was mainly due to the fact I used tender leg of lamb) or until the sauce is the desired consistency and the meat is tender. 5 minutes before the end of cooking time add the whole cherry tomatoes (optional).
Add the chopped fresh coriander and serve immediately.
Tags: roganjosh, lambcurry, recipe, weekend, candles, shopping | Edit Tags



Monday October 8, 2007 - 05:21am (EDT) Edit | Delete | Permanent Link | 1 Comment

43 days to go, but who is counting????
our back woods, there is a bear in there

Yep in 43 days we will be up, up and away! Woohoo. So much to do in that time!

Joe called from NYC two days ago. They are having a ball. Will be here next Friday to reap havoc on Virginia! He said they had a wild time in Vegas and almost left without Donno who arrived back at the motel half an hour before they had to leave. He was partying all night. hehe. Would love to be a fly on the wall at some of their adventures!

I am going to the outlets in Williamsburg tomorrow. I should be home helping John with the fence butttttttt who can resist the chance of a good day of shopping?? I really need to finish off my Christmas shopping to take to Aus. Going with a couple of girls from work, we will make a day of it.

Oh crikey my internet is out and here I am typing away and I will probably lose this whole blog entry. This is crazy. I spent an hour on the phone with verizon yesterday morning before work! Some little guy sitting in the Phillipines trying to get my pc connected. Bloody silly if you ask me. What happened to techs coming out and fixing the problem? Why do we have to do the work ourselves? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Tags: nyc, williamsburg, shopping, christmas, fence, bear, woods | Edit Tags



Friday October 5, 2007 - 05:13am (EDT) Edit | Delete | Permanent Link | 0 Comments

Ruby came home!!!
Yes Ruby came out of the woods this morning around 8am. We had just got back from driving the back roads and farmland behind us. She was walking very slowly and we knew she was sore. I reckon she was up all night trying to find her way home. Well we put her in the garage so that she could get some peace and she has slept all day. Tonight she is back with Brissy and Sheba and I have combed all of the hitchhikers and burrs out of her hair. Her feet are still sore but she is so much better. Thanks to all my mates who were concerned with me this morning. We are all going to have an early night!
Tags: ruby, lost, woods, | Edit Tags



Sunday September 30, 2007 - 07:17pm (EDT) Edit | Delete | Permanent Link | 2 Comments

renewing our vows....
The girls back home are organizing a little ceremony on my beloved Coolum beach. John and I are going to renew our vows with my family present. At dusk!





Tags: coolum, dusk, girls, john, vows | Edit Tags



Thursday September 27, 2007 - 05:26am (EDT) Edit | Delete | Permanent Link | 5 Comments
Add Oshi's Confetti to your personalized My Yahoo! page:

About My Yahoo! & RSS 41 - 45 of 103 First | < Prev | Next > | Last HIGHLIGHTED POSTS
I dare you.. This is a real tear jerker... Lemon Chess Pie recipe Cannot read blog messages????? I am sad! Frogs, Wogs and Blogs.... Something funny for the Kiwi's - Jacqui an... Snow, sleet and rain.....making of ice? January Temps.. In Memory of Dan Fogelberg...'Leader of th... Fried Chicken Finished Tote Quilting and New Years Resolutions... Ivan guarding the Christmas booty Ivan guarding the Christmas booty Paul Kelly - How To Make Gravy Mama never told me there were days like th... Still tired but happy! The journey is almost beginning... Haka in Texas? Waltzing Matilda (the meaning of) My sisters holiday pics....... Busy Week.. Missy and Hayley A Knock at the Door Mum and Dad Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan The History of Halloween Golden Wattle Tree - Australia's National ... Galleries of Pink Gallahs....... Galleries of Pink Gallahs....... The Next Jerry Springer Guests? Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts! How cute is this? The Boys!! 39 days to go....la la la la la...... Yankee Candles and Rogan Josh! Ruby came home!!! renewing our vows.... I love my sister... 3 generations and a puppy From my garden... Shorter Days! Weekend flew by,,, Boogedy Boogedy Boogedy!!!!!! Happy Birthday Isaac (Zac) Great weekend! Starting Labor Day weekend.. Mulga Bill's Bicycle Copyright © 2008 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Copyright/IP Policy - Guidelines - Help - Ad Feedback
NOTICE: We collect personal information on this site.
To learn more about how we use your information, see our Privacy Policy.

No comments: